Thursday, April 3, 2008

Can we talk about race?

Today during class we talked about this subject, "Can we talk about race?" It's a subject that every one can say something about it. Everyone has there own opinion upon it and there is so much to talk about... so where to start??? First of all I really do believe we can talk about it, but only if the time and place is right. Why can't we? This country is the most diverse country in the world, so we should be able to... Everyone is created equal! It doesn't matter if you are white, black , Asian, purple, or from mars.... God created everyone equally!!! So why is it such a problem? Like one paster said " The only reason why black and white people look differently is because white people stay away from the sun and black people get close to it" Which I thought was hilarious! If you cut one black and a white on the arm or where ever what color is each blood?.... both red!!! Yeah they look different but are the Same!!! So why can't we talk about it? Some say they are scared to bring it up some places for it might offend someone and might want to hurt them...the only reason we talked about it today because it was in class and everyone is pretty much comfortable talking about it. I can talk about race at my work, Holliday Fashions, because we are all close and we have a good diverse of people there... like white, black, mix, asian, and indian. So we talk about everything with no one getting mad and sometimes even joke about it. Why cant it be like that in United States.... Everyone be okay with it and it be okay talking about it no matter where you are... hopefully one day it will... it gets better as years go by. It use to be worst back in the 1950's then Martin Luther King Jr. came along... If it wasn't for him today would be a totally different . Schools would be separated and no one would get along. I wonder if he didn't get assassinated that the country could talk about it and everyone get along.

2 comments:

Maggie Jo said...

SARAH! I miss you so so much! Where have you been? and what are you doing tonight? I am thinking we should schedule hang out time soon. Anyways though, I wrote a blog similar to this. I think people are way more alike than they realize. It is gonna take time and a lot of work for people to realize it though.

michaelparker said...

Stereotyping is wrong. I deal with it sometimes. I am not the most masculine guy, but I am not exactly feminine either. I guess just a mixture of the two. When most people meet me and find out I'm gay, they automatically assume I am just this big whore that goes around sleeping with everything that walks. That I don't even know the meaning of monogamy and commitment. And the worst stereotype is that all gay people have AIDS. Yes, there are some idiots out there who think it.