Thursday, April 17, 2008

unexpected call

It was Sunday afternoon just got to work and was def already bored within an hour into the day. I was sitting there coloring, since no customers were in the store at the time, and suddenly I see my phone vibrate. Someone one was calling me from a 834 number and usually I don't answer numbers I don't know. So I looked it up real fast and it said the number was from Oregon! Well my best friend Jessi is going to school there and I got really excited, so I called back... thinking it was going to be her. Well it rang a few times and someone answered. I had no idea who it was but the voice did sound familiar. So I asked" Who the heck is this"... than unexpectedly on the other line the voice Say "baby it's me"... I just froze!! I was like what? It was Josh!!! I had no words and just stood there... He was like hello... Sarah? hello... It took me a while to come back but my first word was "hi".. Then I just started tearing up! I haven't talked to him in three months! I asked him how he was calling me and he said he borrowed a random lady's phone from the bank on the base... He was allowed to call people now! He also passed the 40 mile hike, which he said was the hardest thing he has ever done! So as of Sunday, he is a marine, yay! He also got pushed up to !st rank which is the BEST! woo hoo! I was so happy to hear his voice! Even though we only talked for about ten minutes, it was so good to hear from him. That one phone call def. made my day!

No comments: