Friday, April 11, 2008

Shelby county!!

While watching the news the other day I came across this one story that will probably effect a lot of people in Shelby county!! It turns out that there will be 300 layoffs that will occur soon because Shelby county is running out of money!! So to fix it they have to layoff that many people!!! How ridiculous is that! I mean who are they going to lay off and hoe do they make that decision?? It could be my mom or dad or my friend!! anybody! That's a lot of people! Plus most of the people they are going to lay off have families they have top provide for and now they are going to be jobless! It is horrible! Shouldn't Shelby county mayor be good at keeping a good budget? What the heck do they spend it on? I am not positive but I think Shelby county is one of the worst county with money problems in Tennessee... That's really bad!! I think that the mayor needs to find another solution to fix the money problem then laying off people. It seems he is taking the easy way out or it could be that is the first thing they came up with and did not look at any other way. There has to be another way! there is enough homeless people in Shelby county and enough people going bankrupt! We don't need anymore! So hopefully they pick another solution that does not involve people losing their jobs!

No comments: