Thursday, April 3, 2008

part 2

Stereotyping is also a problem. Like people assume someone is this way because of there skin color... for instance for a long time a lot of people's assumptions of me was that I was a snobby white girl, who lives on daddy's money and is a ditsy cheerleader. But that is not even close of being true!! I have a big family and so we are def. far from having money and I had to work to raise money for every year I cheered because my mom or dad can not help me. I also have to work for everything I have now.... so thinking white people are always rich and don't have to work for anything is def. wrong! I know a lot of friends that are white Also even though I grew up in white neighborhood, all my schools had a good diverse group of people. So I have friends of all kind of race! I'll be friends with anyone who is nice to me and is not rude. I don't care how anyone looks.. it doesn't matter to me and that is how it should be.. Why should it matter how people dress or skin color?? It just depends where they grow up and who they hang out with. So why is that a problem? One day I looked around in Hollidays and I thought something was really cute but my friend who was with me told me it look black... What does that suppose to mean?? Maybe because more black people shop at hollidays but she said it just looks black... but seriously what is actually dressing black or dressing white? Is it because more white people dress one way and black people dress another way??? I just think people dress the way they want and whatever they like and what ever fits there personality.

No comments: